Position Title: Officer – Financial Analysis
Department: Regulatory Supervision
Reports to: Senior Executive / Head - Regulatory Supervision
- Advising the Authority on any potential risks to the financial stability of applicants and existing licensees in complying with their respective obligations;
- Identifying and assessing threats to the financial stability of licensees through the review and analysis of financial statements and liaising with the said licensees to ensure, where applicable, plans are in place for their recovery;
- Assisting the Senior Executive/Head - Regulatory Supervision in ensuring compliance and adherence to the relevant obligations by licensees, in particular, obligations relating to player protection.
Key Accountabilities/Key Activities
- Analysing audited financial statements, management accounts and other financial statements submitted by licensees, and liaising accordingly with licensees and their authorised representatives, auditors and other key stakeholders;
- Monitoring licensees' financial position taking into consideration liquidity, capital structure of the company, financial forecasts, and available financial support; amongst others;
- Ensuring that licensees' financial position is sound. In fulfilling his/her tasks, the analyst is expected to:
- Provide recommendations to management in relation to financial suitability and sustainability;
- Investigate and monitor the licensees' financial standing and submit recommendations, as applicable;
- Develop controls/processes/procedures in order to prevent/detect risks which may be identified through the licensees' financial statements, duly report any findings, and offer investigative support, as necessary;
- Produce timely and reliable reports, including recommendations, on a regular basis and as may be necessary from time to time;
- Advising other functions on licensees' financial position, as may be requested from time to time.
- Reporting financial risk issues to management as necessary;
- Formulating and maintaining processes/policies/procedures to achieve the objectives of the Directorate as may be communicated from time to time;
- Liaising with other Directorates and functions as necessary;
- Assisting other members of the Regulatory Supervision Function, particularly in conducting compliance reviews, audits, and data extractions as may be requested from time to time;
- Ensuring the goals and functions of the Authority and the Directorate are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times;
- Carrying out any other duties/tasks as may be assigned from time to time by his/her superiors.
- Bachelor’s Degree level of education in Finance or MQF equivalent (MQF Level 6);
- A very good command of the English language as well as excellent reporting skills;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications. Excellent Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills required;
- Experience in auditing shall be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Gaming in Malta and experience in the gaming industry shall be considered an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- Be capable of working within a team, manage multiple engagements and work to demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to identify and report on sensitive issues.
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented and with good communication skills.
- Thinks and acts strategically.
- Takes ownership and actions.