Position Title: Officer - Investigations
Department: Investigations & Player Protection
Reports to: Manager – Investigations & Player Protection
Responsible for conducting any investigations related to any gaming operations identified as suspicious or in breach of the applicable laws, regulations and directives, as may be deemed necessary from time to time.
Key Accountabilities/Key Activities
- Conducting investigations on reported or identified gaming operations which are considered suspicious or in breach of the applicable, laws, regulations and directives.
- Issuing of reports on the findings of the investigations carried out in a timely manner and setting out recommendations on the action to be taken by the Authority as applicable.
- Offering investigative support to other areas of the MGA as instructed by senior management.
- Keeping abreast with developments, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organisations and constituted bodies.
- Representing the MGA when required in various fora and meetings with other parties ranging from licensees and their authorised representatives, as well as other Authorities/Directorates and Government Officials when required.
- Managing and handling of requests for information (RFI’s) sought by public authorities such as the Financial Analysis Investigations Unit (FIAU), Asset Recovery Bureau (ARB), Police and others as necessary.
- Devising and updating procedures in setting up and developing the required processes related to investigations of gaming operations in order to detect irregularities or suspicions thereof, and duly report any findings.
- Ensuring that the goals and functions of the Authority and the Department are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks pertinent to investigative work as required by the Authority.
- In possession of a qualification that is comparable to a Degree level (MQF Level 6) or higher in investigative related subjects.
- Experience in the gaming industry shall be considered an asset.
- Experience in the identification, analysis and interpretation of financial information Financial Investigations is an asset.
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Be computer savvy.
- Be capable of working within a team, manage multiple engagements and work to demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to identify and report on sensitive issues.
- Be in possession of strong analytical skills and ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented and with good communication skills.
- Think and act strategically.
- Take ownership and actions.