Position Title: Intern Officer - Compliance
Department: Compliance Directorate
Reports to: Compliance Senior Executive
To ensure that MGA Licensed gaming operators are compliant with the applicable laws, regulations and directives. At the same time, it is to be ensured that the goals and functions of the Authority and the Compliance Department are met, and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in maintaining information on all licensees up to date on the Authority’s systems and databases;
- To help compliance officers in the operator check process;
- To assist in drafting Letters of Good Standing and Breach Reports;
- To initiate correspondence with external auditors prior to a compliance audit being conducted;
- To help the auditors in ensuring that operators submit relevant documentation which are compliant with the applicable law, and operate in accordance with the Authority’s directives and policies;
- To follow-up on any conditions imposed on operators, making sure that these are duly respected and actioned-upon;
- To liaise with other Departments on prudential compliance matters, as necessary;
- To carry out any other duties/tasks as may be instructed from time to time by the respective superiors.
- Candidate must be currently pursuing an educational course equivalent to MQF Level 6;
- Interested in the gaming industry;
- Interest in business, commerce, finance, IT or accounting will be considered an asset;
- Experience in information systems and financial auditing will be considered as an asset;
- Be capable of working within a team, manage multiple engagements and work to demanding deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to identify and report on sensitive issues in a concise manner;
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented and with good communication skills;
- Organised and having impeccable report writing skills; and
- Takes ownership and actions.