Job Reference: 0205/21
Primary Job Focus: Compliance
Employment Level: Senior Executive
Position Title: Senior Executive – Player Protection
Reports to: Manager - Investigations & Player protection
The Senior Executive – Player Protection shall report to the Manager - Investigations & Player Protection, and shall assist with the day to day operations and the development of the Responsible Gaming, and Player Support Units, whilst acting as a single point of contact for the same, both internally and externally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the player support and responsible gaming functions within the Authority.
- Assist with the development of responsible gaming policies and procedures.
- Assessing the implementation of responsible gaming policies and procedures by licensees through the conducting and reviews of responsible gaming audits in line with the applicable laws, regulations, and directives.
- Maintain up-to-date risk rating of all Licensees by ensuring that all issues are logged in MGA’s systems.
- Drive awareness campaigns on Responsible Gaming by conducting awareness programmes and training with both internal and external stakeholders on the different elements of Responsible Gaming and Player Protection.
- Conduct research and stay current with trends in Responsible Gaming.
- Supervise the MGA’s Player Support Unit whilst ensuring that player complaints are addressed in a timely manner and that cases are followed-up by the responsible officers.
- Monitor performance of Player Support and Responsible Gaming officers, whilst ensuring individual development through periodic reviews and day to day coaching.
- Provide regular updates to the Regulatory Senior Management, relevant MGA Committees, and EXCO, as required by the business.
- Represent the Authority in various conferences and fora which are relevant to Player protection, as required by the business.
- Carry out any other duties/tasks as directed by Regulatory senior management.
- In possession of a degree in Business Management/Law/Social Policy/another related field or equivalent.
- In possession of relevant Gaming experience in Regulatory functions, particularly in the field of Responsible Gambling and Problem Gambling shall be considered an asset.
- Experience in auditing or advisory industries shall be considered an asset.
- A very good command of the English language.
- Strong report writing skills and use of business English.
- Proficiency in use of computing applications for data analysis and reporting.
- In possession of Good Leadership Skills, ability to give directions, mentor and motivate the respective team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to organise and present findings, and recommendations in a timely and concise manner (both verbal and written).