Job Reference: 8122/20
Primary Job Focus: Internal Audit
Employment Level: Officer
Position Title: Internal Audit Officer
Department: Internal Audit
Reports to: Chief Officer Internal Audit
The employee shall be responsible for the upkeep of the internal audit universe and risk register for the purpose of internal audit planning and internal audit execution. The employee shall also have responsibilities with respect to the quality assurance programmes of the Internal Audit Directorate.
The employee shall be directly answerable in the performance of his/her duties and conduct to the Chief Officer Internal Audit and shall observe and comply with all reasonable, lawful and proper guidelines and directions as may be issued by the Chief Officer Internal Audit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Officer Internal Audit with the upkeep of the internal audit universe and risk assessments therein for the development of risk based internal audit plans;
- Assist in the performance of internal audit tasks including tests of internal controls and other substantive testing as per internal audit plans;
- Assist the Chief Officer Internal Audit in tasks relating to quality assurance programmes within the Internal Audit Directorate;
- Perform tasks in relation to other internal investigations or any other ad hoc assignments as requested by the Chief Officer Internal Audit.
- First degree in accountancy/auditing/risk management/commerce or related subjects;
- Prior work experience in internal auditing or risk management will be considered as an important asset;
- Specific academic certifications in Internal Auditing will be considered as an asset;
- Membership in internal auditing related professional bodies will be considered as an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Takes responsibility and ownership of tasks at hand;
- Possess investigative and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in using MS Office Software and Vision.
Jobsplus Permit Number 675/2020.