Job Reference: 8087/20
Primary Job Focus: Risk
Employment Level: Officer
To support the Malta Gaming Authority in implementing an organization-wide Risk Management framework and process; To provide analysis of operational and regulatory risks across departments as well as mitigation strategies and oversee their implementation to manage risks. Duties also include to research various risk factors which might affect the gaming industry and in turn the Maltese jurisdiction.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyse and assess risks across the Functions within the Authority;
- Analyse jurisdictional trends and internal trends to determine risk mitigating strategies required to meet the Authority’s strategic intents;
- Assist in the development of risk management tools including Key Risk Indicators and enhancing the risk scoring tool to determine the overall risk the Authority is exposed to;
- Draft reports and analyses of risk management nature;
- Draft risk management policies and procedures;
- Conduct regularly risk assessments and develop and maintain an effective risk response plan;
- Monitor and report on the Authority’s risk performance;
- Research the various risk factors that might affect the gaming industry and in turn the Maltese jurisdiction and the Authority;
- Keep abreast with the industry's legislation and regulatory framework;
- Advise internally stakeholders on risk mitigation techniques;
- Liaise with the Functions of the First and Third Line of Defence within the Authority as well as with external stakeholders, such as the FIAU, the NCC and other Government Bodies to consult and co-ordinate accordingly on risk related matters;
- Provide regular activity updates to the Risk Manager and the CRO and carry out presentations on risk related matters to senior management;
- Represent the Authority in various conferences and fora as may be required;
- Carry out any other duties/tasks as directed by the Risk Manager and/or the CRO.
- In possession of a first degree in a relevant field;
- Postgraduate degrees in risk management are not mandatory, but shall be considered an asset;
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience in a risk related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Certification from an internationally recognised Institute/Organisation will be considered an asset;
- Possession of relevant experience in the gaming industry and familiarity with the gaming regulatory framework shall be considered an asset;
- Sound understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization;
- Be able to establish an effective risk communication plan and a risk recording and reporting process;
- Possess a critical thought, excellent analytical and numerical skills and an eye for detail;
- Ability to understand broader business issues;
- Excellent command of English;
- Excellent ability to produce numerical and written reports for a varied audience (colleagues, management and Board level);
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to organise and present findings and recommendations in a constructive manner (both verbal and written);
- High competency required in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Takes ownership and actions in line with agreed KPIs.
Jobsplus Permit Number 676/2020.