Job Reference: 4195/20
Primary Job Focus: AML
Employment Level: Officer
The Anti-Money laundering Officer role shall report directly to the Anti-Money Laundering Senior Executive and/or Anti-Money Laundering Manager in the performance of their duties. The role primarily includes the conducting of AML/CFT off-site and on-site examinations on Land-Based and Remote Gaming Licensees which are considered as Subject Persons under the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting and analysing documentation of Gaming Licensees pertinent to AML/CFT such as; Risk Assessments, Customer Acceptance Policies and AML Policies and Procedures;
- Performing full scope, targeted, thematic, or offsite examinations on Gaming Licensees to assess their compliance with the AML/CFT obligations under the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations, independently or jointly with the FIAU;
- Drafting findings report of AML/CFT examinations in a timely manner and presenting to the relevant administrative and/or judicial bodies;
- Following up AML/CFT findings with Gaming Licensees;
- Conducting ad hoc tasks as instructed by the AML Manager and/or AML Senior Executive;
- Conducting reviews of gaming licensees to ensure compliance and implementation of the Responsible Gaming Regulations;
- Staying abreast of the AML/CFT and Gaming Laws and Regulations;
- Liaising with Gaming Licensees, the different departments within the MGA, the FIAU and other regulatory bodies.
- Degree Level of education or equivalent;
- Lower qualifications accompanied by relevant certifications/experience in AML/Regulatory setting will be considered;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Capable of presenting findings in written and oral format;
- Excellent command of both English and Maltese language (both written and spoken);
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Strategic, critical and analytical thinking;
- Ability to take ownership and ability to act in line with agreed KPIs;
- Able to work under pressure; and
- Sound knowledge of AML/CFT Laws and Regulations governing the EU and Malta.
Jobsplus Permit Number 671/2020.